Bernanke to Congress: Your Turn! - Today's Outrage
Bernanke may be feeling vitriolic about the lack of urgency among elected officials to do anything about the unemployment problem in America.
His official remarks, however, simply reminded Congressional leaders that "Fiscal policymakers can also promote stronger economic performance through the design of tax policies and spending programs."
He might have wanted to tell Congressional leaders: The Fed has done everything it can to fix this mess. Now it's your turn. You need to do something. Get it?
Instead, he wrote: "Most of the economic policies that support robust economic growth in the long run are outside the province of the central bank."It's not too hard to read between the lines of this speech, but I fear that such subtlety is beyond the grasp of most of the folks up on Capitol Hill. Maybe this translation will help, but I kind of doubt it.
--Written by Glenn Hall in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV