BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- August may be drawing to a close, but the latest round of market tumult hasn't yet. As Wall Street ponders the implications of Ben Bernanke's Jackson Hole speech just half an hour after this morning's open, it remains to be seen just how much volatility is going to come into stocks to end the week. But there's a way to skirt that volatility, and the smart money's already piling into it.
I've talked a lot about the discount we're seeing in stocks in recent weeks. While fundamentals remain well out of synch with the market's pricing, there is a way to combat that disconnect: it all comes down to owning companies that are willing to share their record earnings with you. That means it all comes back to dividend stocks.
The smart money's been buying up corporate income en masse lately -- from institutional money flowing into corporate bonds instead of treasuries to Warren Buffett's recent $5 billion buy of Bank of America's (BAC) 6% preferreds, income has become an under-the-radar angle in this market.Core income holdings are looking cheap in August, and the statistics suggest that the discount won't last for long.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV