BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- August may be drawing to a close, but the latest round of market tumult hasn't yet. As Wall Street ponders the implications of Ben Bernanke's Jackson Hole speech just half an hour after this morning's open, it remains to be seen just how much volatility is going to come into stocks to end the week. But there's a way to skirt that volatility, and the smart money's already piling into it.
I've talked a lot about the discount we're seeing in stocks in recent weeks. While fundamentals remain well out of synch with the market's pricing, there is a way to combat that disconnect: it all comes down to owning companies that are willing to share their record earnings with you. That means it all comes back to dividend stocks.
The smart money's been buying up corporate income en masse lately -- from institutional money flowing into corporate bonds instead of treasuries to Warren Buffett's recent $5 billion buy of Bank of America's (BAC) 6% preferreds, income has become an under-the-radar angle in this market.Core income holdings are looking cheap in August, and the statistics suggest that the discount won't last for long.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV