DTS Inc. Stock Downgraded (DTSI)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- DTS (Nasdaq:DTSI) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and premium valuation. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DTSI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 15.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- DTSI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 9.92, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for DTS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.20%. Regardless of DTSI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DTSI's net profit margin of 12.60% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- DTSI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.82% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV