Net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $9.6 million, or $0.31 per diluted share, compared to a net loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2010 of $6.8 million, or $0.22 per diluted share. The second quarter of fiscal 2011 included approximately $0.03 per diluted share in costs related to the recent change in the President of the dELiA*s Brand.
The provision for income tax expense for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 was $50,000, or $0.00 per diluted share, compared to a benefit for income taxes of $2.3 million, or $0.07 per diluted share, for the prior year period.
Results by Segment
Retail Segment ResultsTotal revenue for the retail segment for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 increased 8.4% to $26.4 million from $24.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2010. Retail comparable store sales increased 7.2% for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to a decrease of 6.8% for the second quarter of fiscal 2010. Gross margin for the retail segment, which includes distribution, occupancy and merchandising costs, was 16.0% compared to 16.5% in the prior year period. The decrease in gross margin resulted from lower merchandise margins and increased inventory obsolescence, partially offset by occupancy cost leverage. SG&A expenses for the retail segment were $11.8 million, or 44.7% of sales, in the second quarter of fiscal 2011 compared to $11.7 million, or 48.2% of sales, in the prior year period. The decrease in SG&A expenses as a percentage of sales was driven by selling and overhead expense leverage. The operating loss for the second quarter of fiscal 2011 for the retail segment was $7.5 million compared to $7.7 million in the prior year period. The Company remodeled one store location during the second quarter of fiscal 2011, ending the period with 115 stores.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV