GLENWOOD, Ill., Aug. 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Landauer, Inc. (NYSE: LDR) today announced that its Board of Directors has appointed, Michael T. Leatherman, as the Company's Interim Chief Financial Officer, as well as its acting principal financial officer and principal accounting officer, effective September 9, 2011. Leatherman succeeds Jonathon Singer, who had served as CFO since October 2006 and has left the Company in order to accept the chief financial officer position with Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
"Mike has worked with Landauer since 2003, and he has been a Board member for the last three years. He has deep knowledge and history with the Company, understands our core radiation monitoring business and has been instrumental in shaping our growth strategy initiatives. The Board and I are confident that Mike will provide strong continuity as CFO and Treasurer as we search for a permanent Chief Financial Officer," said Bill Saxelby, President and Chief Executive Officer of Landauer, Inc.
Mr. Leatherman, age 58, has been a Director of the Company since 2008. Since 2000, Mr. Leatherman has served as an Independent Consultant, primarily to the information technology industry. Mr. Leatherman is a Certified Public Accountant and previously served as the Chief Financial Officer of Wallace Computer Services, Inc., which prior to its acquisition by Moore Corporation was a NYSE-listed company.
During his term as Interim Chief Financial Officer, Mr. Leatherman will continue to serve as a director of the Company, but will cease his service as a member of the Audit Committee and Compensation Committee of the Company's Board of Directors. The Company intends to conduct an executive search for a permanent Chief Financial Officer to replace Mr. Singer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV