NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "Daily ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by each day to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Market Vectors Junior Gold Miners ETF (GDXJ) 2.7%
After suffering two days of losses, gold miners are heading into solid positive territory. Leading the climb higher is GDXJ, which tracks a basket of small, volatile junior producers.
LosersiShares MSCI Israel Capped Investable Market Index Fund (EIS) -5.1% The Israel ETF is taking a notable hit as downward market action is driving investors out of international markets. This decline has pushed EIS back towards the lows witnessed at the end of last week. As I've explained before, top heavy funds like EIS should be approached with caution. This fund sets aside over a fifth of its index to a single company, Teva Pharmaceuticals (TEVA). iShares MSCI Thailand Investable Market Index Fund (THD) -4.3% Emerging Southeast Asian nations are heading lower for another day as jittery investors steer clear of risky regions of the globe. THD has broken below its 200-day moving average and is currently carving out brand new August lows. The Market Vectors Indonesia ETF (IDX) is falling as well. iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG) -3.1% Nations across the European continent are taking shots across the bow, pushing ETFs like EWG and iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP) lower. Non-EU members from this region are falling as well, including iShares MSCI Sweden Index Fund (EWD) and Global X Norway ETF (NORW), which are both off over 2%. All prices as of 2:14 PM EST Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV