MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- There is no doubt that Europe is having its troubles. You can attribute this to a long list of problems that are evident across the pond. Here are several of those problems:
- A central bank that continues to obsess on inflation rather than the dual mandate of the US Federal Reserve which concerns itself with both economic growth and inflation.
- An economic confederation of many countries, called the European Union or EU that for centuries have battled; conquered; and, hated one another. Those cultural and nationalistic biases still exist despite the signing of the Maastricht http://www.eurotreaties.com/maastrichtec.pdf and subsequent Treaties.
- Deep rooted socialism in many countries
- A single currency for some but not all European Union members. This conflicts with the fact that each sovereign nation issues its own debt and has a different set of taxation laws and policies.
- Commercial banks that are undercapitalized
Related: BP Plans Restart in Libya
Yet despite all of the above, there are many European companies that offer excellent investment opportunities. This Stockpickr article will offer up five European companies from five different nations which are worth consideration.