MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- There is no doubt that Europe is having its troubles. You can attribute this to a long list of problems that are evident across the pond. Here are several of those problems:
- A central bank that continues to obsess on inflation rather than the dual mandate of the US Federal Reserve which concerns itself with both economic growth and inflation.
- An economic confederation of many countries, called the European Union or EU that for centuries have battled; conquered; and, hated one another. Those cultural and nationalistic biases still exist despite the signing of the Maastricht http://www.eurotreaties.com/maastrichtec.pdf and subsequent Treaties.
- Deep rooted socialism in many countries
- A single currency for some but not all European Union members. This conflicts with the fact that each sovereign nation issues its own debt and has a different set of taxation laws and policies.
- Commercial banks that are undercapitalized
Related: BP Plans Restart in Libya
Yet despite all of the above, there are many European companies that offer excellent investment opportunities. This Stockpickr article will offer up five European companies from five different nations which are worth consideration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV