REVENUE UP 9.8% LIKE-FOR-LIKE
(in EUR millions) H1 2010 H1 2011 % change Reported Like-for-like Operating revenue 422 456 +8.1% +9.2% Financial revenue 39 44 +14.8% +16.0% Total revenue 461 501 +8.6% +9.8%
Total revenue for the period amounted to €501million, an increase of 8.6% as reported and 9.8% like-for-like, comprising:
- Operating revenue of €456 million, up 9.2% like-for-like. This performance reflected strong growth in Latin America, an improvement in economic conditions in Central Europe and the gradual stabilization of client fee rates in some countries. Operating revenue generated by issue volume rose 8.6% like-for-like, while other operating revenue (without issue volume) was 11.6% higher, lifted by the signature of one-off Incentive & Rewards contracts in Germany.
- Financial revenue of €44 million, up 16.0% like-for-like. The increase was attributable to higher interest rates and the increased float in Latin America, as well as to the gradual recovery in European interest rates.
EBIT UP 12.1% LIKE-FOR-LIKE
First-half total EBIT amounted to €167 million.Operating EBIT up 10.8% like-for-like Operating EBIT (which excludes financial revenue) rose by a strong 10.8% like-for-like. Underpinning this good performance, the operating flow-through ratio  adjusted for the extra costs generated by the digital transition stood at 49%, in line with the Group's target of 40% to 50%. Operating EBIT as a percentage of operating revenue came to 26.9% as reported in first-half 2011 compared with 27.5% in the year earlier period, reflecting the €6 million in extra costs generated during the period by the digital transition, negative currency effects and the negative impact of changes in scope of consolidation. The like-for-like change excluding digital transition costs was a sharp 180-basis point improvement. Financial EBIT up 16.0% like-for-like
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV