Updated from Aug. 24 with premarket quotes for Thursday
Investors responded negatively to the departure of Apple's innovator-in-chief. Within a couple of hours of the announcement Wednesday, the company's stock was down $19.08, or 5.07%, to $375.10.
In premarket trading Thursday, the stock was slumping further, down almost 5% to $358.
|Apple's stock tumbled on news of Steve Jobs' departure.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV