5 Things You Spend On, Then Never Use
Blame it on evolutionary traits that have persisted since the days mammoth meat was seared over a bonfire, but many folks live to grill.
The problem, from a financial standpoint, is when that love of outdoor cooking runs amok. That simple charcoal grill is no longer good enough -- you need a bigger gas grill, then a bigger one again. Three, four, eight burners may not be enough to satisfy grill envy.
Then there are built-in coolers, smokers and outdoor furniture. Then other kitchen accessories migrate outdoors with such flourishes as stone peninsulas and full ovens.Before you know it, your backyard looks like a Bobby Flay restaurant and the costs have multiplied faster than you imagined. It will be even more painful to survey your outdoor kitchen masterpiece if you really never needed any of it. Cooking two burgers with $5.99 ground sirloin from Safeway (SWY) on an elaborate grill that costs thousands isn't going to make them taste any better than on, say, a $20 hibachi. And all that fancy gas heat may never even adequately replicate the smoky taste and aroma of food cooked over coals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV