2. Annaly Capital Management (NLY) owns, manages and finances a portfolio of real estate-related investments including mortgage pass-through certificates, collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs), Agency callable debentures, and other securities representing interests in the obligations backed by pools of mortgage loans,
The company's board recently declared a Series A Preferred Stock cash dividend of 49.22 cents per share for the third quarter, payable Sept. 1, 2011. Also, for its Series B Preferred Stock, the company declared a cash dividend of 37.5 cents per share payable Sept. 30, 2011. Currently, Annaly has a dividend yield of 14.4%. The five-year net growth rate for dividend per share stands at 40.7%.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported GAAP net income of $120.8 million, or 14 cents per share, compared to a net loss of $218.2 million, or 40 cents per share in same quarter prior year. Net interest income for the quarter surged 56.5% to $843.7 million from $538.9 million in the year-ago quarter. Cash and cash equivalents were $401.8 million, up 22.5% from the comparable quarter previous year. Annualized return on average equity stood at 3.6% compared to an annualized loss on average equity of 9.03% for the second quarter of 2010.Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 3.3% to $18.88 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV