3. CenturyLink (CTL) is an integrated communications company providing a range of services, including voice, Internet, data and video services. In addition, it also offers communications, professional and business information services in a few local and regional markets.
CenturyLink's board of directors recently approved a quarterly cash dividend of 72.5 cents per share payable on Sept. 16, 2011. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 7.2%. The five-year net growth rate for dividend per share stands at 63.9%.
Operating revenue for the second quarter 2011 increased 148.6% to $4.4 billion from $1.8 billion in the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter stood at $262 million, or 44 cents per share. Operating cash flow, excluding special items, increased 107.7% to $1.9 billion from the second quarter of 2010.For full-year 2011, the company expects pro forma operating revenue to come in the range of $18.5 to $18.8 billion from the earlier estimate of $17.6 to $17.8 billion. Meanwhile, pro forma diluted earnings per share are seen ranging between $1.5 and $1.6. Pro forma free cash flow is seen ranging from $3.4 to $3.6 billion, while pro forma operating cash flow is expected between $7.8 and $8 billion. Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 68% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 27.6% to $44.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV