4. Linn Energy (LINE) is an independent oil and natural gas company operating in five regions of the U.S. - Mid-Continent Deep, Mid-Continent Shallow, Permian Basin, Michigan and California.
Linn paid a quarterly cash dividend of 69 cents per share ($2.76 annualized) for the second quarter 2011, increasing 5% from 66 cents per share in the first quarter of 2011, and a 10% increase from the year-ago quarter. The company's chief executive said that the 5% increase reflects Linn's acquisition success, significant organic growth, and positive outlook for the future. With a current dividend yield of 6.7%, the company has a record of consistently paying 22 quarterly distributions that increased by almost 73% since the company's initial public offering. The five-year net growth rate for dividend per share stands at 30%.
For the second quarter of 2011, the company reported net income of $237.11 million, or $1.34 per share, compared to $59.79 million, or 41 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. For the quarter, adjusted EBITDA increased 50.7% to $263.3 million from $174.9 million in the same quarter 2010. During the quarter, average daily production increased 40% to 358 MMcfe/d from the same period prior year.The company estimates 2011 average coverage guidance of approximately 1.25 times, including the 5% distribution increase. With its organic growth program on track, Linn Energy expects to generate 30% growth year-over-year. Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 92% recommend a buy and the rest suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 25.3% to $45.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV