7. Spectra Energy Partners, (SEP) through its subsidiaries, engages in the transportation and gathering of natural gas through interstate pipeline systems. The company owns and operates over 3,100 miles of pipelines that serve the southeastern quadrant of the U.S.
The company announced that its board of directors declared a quarterly cash distribution to shareholders of 46.5 cents per share from the previous 46 cents per share, a 1.5% increase. The raised dividend was paid on Aug. 12, 2011 and equates to $1.86 per share on annual basis. This is the 15th consecutive quarter that the company has increased its quarterly cash distribution and has a current dividend yield of 5.6%. The one-year net growth rate for dividend per share stands at 9.3%.
The company reported second quarter 2011 net income of $37.6 million, increasing 13%, or 36 cents per limited partner unit from the year-ago quarter. For the quarter, cash available for distribution was $35.4 million, up 6% over the same quarter prior year. During the quarter, SEP invested $15.1 million in expansion and maintenance capital projects in its gas transportation and storage segment, and an additional $7 million in expansion projects at Market Hub Partners.Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 33% suggest a buy and 58% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 22.2% to $33.33 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV