8. HCP (HCP) is a real estate investment trust that invests in real estate serving the health care industry in the U.S. The company's portfolio consists of investments in five segments: senior housing, life science, medical office, post-acute/skilled nursing and hospital.
HCP paid a quarterly dividend of 48 cents per share on its common stock on Aug. 23, 2011 and declared cash dividends of 45.31 cents per share on its Series E cumulative redeemable preferred stock, and 44.38 cents per share on its Series F cumulative redeemable preferred stock. These dividends are payable on Sept. 30, 2011. Currently, HCP has a dividend yield of 5.2%. The five-year net growth rate for dividend per share stands at 2.4%.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2011, the company recorded 61.9% increase in revenue to $488.7 million from the year-ago quarter. Net income more than doubled to $222.9 million. Diluted funds from operations per share increased 42% to $0.78 from the year-ago quarter, while funds available for distribution increased 32% to 62 cents per share. The company has raised adjusted NOI same property performance guidance to 2.6% for the same period.For full-year 2011, the company expects fund from operation (FFO) applicable to common shares to range between $2.48 and $2.54 per share from the earlier $2.47 to $2.53 per share. Meanwhile, net income per share guidance range was reaffirmed at $1.59 to $1.65. Also, full-year adjusted NOI Same Property Performance guidance was raised to a range of 3% to 4%. Of the 20 analysts covering the stock, 20% recommend a buy and 80% suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg foresee the stock gaining an average 6.9% to $37.00 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV