NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We have picked companies from diversified sectors like energy, financials, telecommunications and materials with high dividend yields of 5% to 22% and potential upside of 3% to 31% over the next 12 months. These companies posted strong results in the latest quarter and maximize returns to investors in the form of dividends and stock value. On average, these stocks have 52% buy rating and 46% hold rating.
Cascading negative news during the past couple of weeks has alerted investors to exercise great caution with their equity investments. Subsequent to the S&P's downgrade of U.S. credit rating, investors sought safe-haven investments and seem to favor high-yielding Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), which are considered reliable income sources. Essentially, these REITs are not taxed on their income but are required to pay 90% of their taxable income in the form of dividends.
Investors can look at these high-growth dividend stocks to navigate their portfolios though the current market volatility. As per data from Bloomberg, these stocks have recorded superior five-year dividend growth rates.
We have arranged these stocks in ascending order of dividend yields.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV