HP (NYSE:HPQ) today announced that Cenveo, one of the world’s largest providers of print and related resources, has upgraded its short-run publishing and customized collateral capabilities by purchasing an HP Indigo W7200 Digital Press.
Installed recently at one of its core U.S. digital production facilities in Hurlock, Md., the new press enables Cenveo to:
- reduce upfront costs for scientific, technical and medical journal publishers, replacing longer-run offset print and warehousing operations with offset-quality, medium-run-length print-on-demand fulfillment;
- support rapid growth in high-value, fully personalized marketing collateral; and
- sell more customized hybrid production jobs requiring a combination of offset and digital print production, using the W7200 to replicate the color quality of offset lithography.
“Our customers want to save money through just-in-time production and the marketing benefits of variable-data personalization, without sacrificing the level of printing they get with traditional offset,” said Cappy Childs, president, Digital, Logistics and Sales divisions, Cenveo. “The HP Indigo W7200, with its offset-quality imaging and high productivity, is a step forward for us.”
Integration into streamlined, end-to-end workflowsCenveo wanted the “latest and greatest” for its Hurlock facility, and the W7200 advances the company’s offerings while integrating into its highly productive prepress, digital print and finishing workflow. Prepress color management and press fingerprinting at Cenveo plants are based on the G7® method, and the HP Indigo W7200 digital press’s broad color gamut conforms closely to the color quality and repeatability metrics Cenveo maintains in its commercial print production facilities. Cenveo has extensive experience in digital color printing: its Hurlock facility has run digital color presses from HP and others for the past five years, and the broader Cenveo organization includes digital color presses from every leading manufacturer. “An organization like Cenveo, with its years of expertise in digital color printing, knows what it wants when it comes to installing an offset-quality digital press that can deliver results,” said Jan Riecher, vice president and general manager, Graphics Solutions Business – Americas, HP. “The HP Indigo W7200 brings more value to the publishers and marketers Cenveo serves.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV