Mercury Computer Systems Inc. Stock Downgraded (MRCY)
- MRCY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.76, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS INC is rather high; currently it is at 59.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.90% is above that of the industry average.
- MRCY, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 77.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $18.65 million to $4.25 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. When compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.