Vectren Corp Stock Downgraded (VVC)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 73.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $8.70 million to $15.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $81.20 million or 45.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 45.00%, VECTREN CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 96.37%.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market, VECTREN CORP's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for VECTREN CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.80%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.20% significantly trails the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.