Empresa Distribuidora Y Comercializadora No Stock Downgraded (EDN)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electric Utilities industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 889.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$1.62 million to -$16.03 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Electric Utilities industry and the overall market, EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA Y COM's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA Y COM is currently extremely low, coming in at 6.90%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.30% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA Y COM has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMPRESA DISTRIBUIDORA Y COM swung to a loss, reporting -$0.41 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.56 versus -$0.41).
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.