1. Susquehanna Bancshares
Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ) of Lititz, Pa., has seen its stock fall 40% year-to-date, closing at $5.81 Monday. The shares trade for 0.8 times their tangible book value of $7.50, according to SNL Financial.
Based on a quarterly payout of two cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.38%.The company reported second-quarter net income applicable to common shareholders of $11.1 million, or nine cents a share, compared to a net loss of $1.4 million, or a penny a share, in the second quarter of 2010. The provision for loan losses declined to $28 million in the second quarter, from $43 million a year earlier The second-quarter net interest margin was 3.62%, declining slightly from 3.69% a year earlier. The second-quarter ROA was 0.32%, according to SNL. David Darst of Guggenheim securities on August 12 reiterated his buy rating for Susquehanna, while lowering his price target by 50 cents to $10, "to reflect expectations for the sector to trade at a lower valuation." The analyst said he expects the company to achieve an ROA of roughly 0.8% in late 2012 or in 2013. The shares trade for 10 times the consensus 2012 earnings estimate of 59 cents a share, among analysts polled by FactSet. Nine out of 14 analysts covering Susquehanna rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analysts all have neutral ratings. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV