The stock was down 24% to $8 on volume of more than 20,000, according to Nasdaq.com, pushing below a prior 52-week low of $8.37 reached on Aug. 10.
Also, Pacific Sunwear of California (PSUN) was unchanged at $2.17 on volume of a little less than 50,000 after the specialty retailer reported a narrower than expected loss for its second quarter ended in July but gave a below-consensus outlook for the current period.
The stock did go as low as $1.95 in the after-hours session, according to Nasdaq.com, but was last quoted as flat. For the October-ending quarter, Pacific Sunwear said it sees a non-GAAP loss of 10 to 18 cents a share with same-store sales in the mid-to-high negative single digits. The current average analysts' view is for a loss of 6 cents a share in the third quarter.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV