BETHPAGE, N.Y., Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced the addition of TV One, an entertainment cable network offering an expansive array of programming aimed at African American adult viewers. TV One showcases and celebrates African American culture and achievement with popular sitcoms, critically-acclaimed dramas, hit movies and original TV shows.
TV One's broad range of programming entertains, informs and inspires African American adult viewers. Audiences can enjoy unique reality TV, fun entertainment, music performances and public affairs shows.
"We continue to add high-quality programming to iO TV that reflects the diversity of our customers," said Bradley Feldman, Cablevision's vice president of video product management. "TV One is a great addition to iO TV and a perfect example of our ability to serve a broad array of interests in the programming we deliver."
"We are excited that Cablevision's customers will now have access to TV One," said Michelle Rice, TV One executive vice president of affiliate sales and marketing. "We thank Cablevision for its commitment to add more diverse programming to its product offerings by launching TV One. The network offers a wide array of compelling programming targeted to the African American adult audience that all Cablevision customers will enjoy."TV One's current and upcoming originals include:
- TV One Night Only: Live From the Essence Music Festival ( Sept. 5 at 8 p.m.), the two-hour highlights celebration from the 2011 festival that captured performances from some of the biggest names in entertainment, including Mary J. Blige, Usher, New Edition, Jill Scott, Jennifer Hudson, BoyzIIMen, Chaka Khan, El DeBarge, Fantasia and Charlie Wilson
- The new season of The Ultimate Merger (Thursdays at 9 p.m.), featuring the gorgeous fashion model Toccara searching for her perfect mate from among 14 sexy, self-assured bachelors
- A new season of popular bio series Life After (premieres Sept. 28 at 10 p.m.), featuring Jackee Harry, Jayne Kennedy, Christopher Williams, Andre Harrell, Christopher "Play" Martin, Ginuwine, Antonio Fargas, Kim Coles, Danielle Spencer, Countess Vaughn and AJ Johnson
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV