5. NRG Energy (NRG) operates as a wholesale power generation company in the U.S.
NRG reported net income of $621 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to $210 million for the same quarter last year. Adjusted EBITDA was $517 million and cash flow from operations came in at $93 million.
The company's 200MW Middletown peaker project, a 50:50 joint venture with The United Illuminating Company, entered into commercial operations in June. The company will be executing solar rooftop generation projects and renewable energy projects in the future. NRG repurchased $130 million worth shares during the first quarter of 2011 and intends to complete the remaining $300 million of share repurchase by the year end.The company has raised full-year 2011 adjusted EBITDA guidance to range from $1.9 to $2 billion. Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg project 31% upside over the next one year with 50% buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV