CARLSBAD, Calif. Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- NTN Buzztime, Inc. (NYSE Amex: NTN), a leading social entertainment and integrated marketing platform for bars and restaurants, is pleased to announce the launch of the company's newest professional football game, The Season, to its entire network of thousands of customers.
Airing on Friday nights from September 9th – January 27th, Buzztime's The Season enables football fans to join a nationwide team representing their favorite professional team in a trivia-based fantasy football game. With The Season, Buzztime is building fan-based communities to show their team spirit against bitter rivals and compete head-to-head against other squads. Players will also be encouraged to build camaraderie via The Season's Facebook page through well-meaning "trash talk".
The Season will mirror the 2011 professional football schedule, with its weekly gridiron matchups and big rivalries, culminating with a championship game on January 27th. Team members will compete on Friday evenings ( 8 PM ET/ 5 PM PT) at their favorite Buzztime location by correctly answering bar trivia questions. Content for The Season is football-centric and will appeal to both the casual fan as well as the football junkie. For more game details visit www.Buzztime.com/the-season .The Season is the latest sports-themed bar and restaurant trivia game from Buzztime. The company also offers fans the wildly popular and time tested QB1, an exciting football strategy game played in conjunction with live professional and collegiate football telecasts. For nearly 30 years, players have been challenged to put themselves in the quarterback's cleats and predict the next play. "Buzztime has a long and storied history of providing fun and engaging sports-centric games to our customers, such as QB1 and Race Day. We are confident that The Season will appeal to a wide mainstream consumer audience that follows professional football and to those that might be new to the game," commented Michael J. Bush, President and CEO, NTN Buzztime, Inc. " The Season is about crowning a winning group of passionate fans who possess the best-rounded knowledge of football. The Season also lets players get a jumpstart to the football each weekend by getting the action going on Friday so they won't miss one snap on Saturday or Sunday." The Season Background:
- Join a team – Registered players can go to www.Buzztime.com and join forces with fans of their favorite professional football team. Those players who have not previously joined a team will be able to do so when they log in.
- Head-to-head trivia – Each week, teams face off in head-to-head matchups. The fans with the highest score at the end of the hour long trivia game will earn their team a victory.
- Season long competition – Spanning 16 weeks of pigskin sparring, the top 16 teams will earn a place in the playoffs. The 16 teams will be in a bracketed four week, single elimination tournament to determine which teams have the smartest fans. Additionally, players whose teams are eliminated are encouraged to jump on the "bandwagon" of one of the remaining teams.
- Prizing - Buzztime will run a series of exciting promotions throughout The Season and will award thousands of dollars in prize support. Players can earn prizes for recruiting the most fans to their teams, playing every week, earning the most individual points and for a being a member of the championship team.
- Social media – Players are encouraged to interact and "talk trash" with each other via The Season's Facebook page.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV