Aug. 23, 2011
NTN Buzztime, Inc.
(NYSE Amex: NTN), a leading social entertainment and integrated marketing platform for bars and restaurants, is pleased to announce the launch of the company's newest professional football game,
, to its entire network of thousands of customers.
Airing on Friday nights from
enables football fans to join a nationwide team representing their favorite professional team in a trivia-based fantasy football game. With
, Buzztime is building fan-based communities to show their team spirit against bitter rivals and compete head-to-head against other squads. Players will also be encouraged to build camaraderie via
Facebook page through well-meaning "trash talk".
will mirror the 2011 professional football schedule, with its weekly gridiron matchups and big rivalries, culminating with a championship game on
. Team members will compete on Friday evenings (
8 PM ET
5 PM PT
) at their favorite Buzztime location by correctly answering
questions. Content for
is football-centric and will appeal to both the casual fan as well as the football junkie. For more game details visit
is the latest sports-themed bar and restaurant trivia game from Buzztime. The company also offers fans the wildly popular and time tested
, an exciting football strategy game played in conjunction with live professional and collegiate football telecasts. For nearly 30 years, players have been challenged to put themselves in the quarterback's cleats and predict the next play.
"Buzztime has a long and storied history of providing fun and engaging sports-centric games to our customers, such as QB1 and Race Day. We are confident that
will appeal to a wide mainstream consumer audience that follows professional football and to those that might be new to the game," commented
Michael J. Bush
, President and CEO, NTN Buzztime, Inc. "
is about crowning a winning group of passionate fans who possess the best-rounded knowledge of football.
also lets players get a jumpstart to the football each weekend by getting the action going on Friday so they won't miss one snap on Saturday or Sunday."
- Join a team – Registered players can go to www.Buzztime.com and join forces with fans of their favorite professional football team. Those players who have not previously joined a team will be able to do so when they log in.
- Head-to-head trivia – Each week, teams face off in head-to-head matchups. The fans with the highest score at the end of the hour long trivia game will earn their team a victory.
- Season long competition – Spanning 16 weeks of pigskin sparring, the top 16 teams will earn a place in the playoffs. The 16 teams will be in a bracketed four week, single elimination tournament to determine which teams have the smartest fans. Additionally, players whose teams are eliminated are encouraged to jump on the "bandwagon" of one of the remaining teams.
- Prizing - Buzztime will run a series of exciting promotions throughout The Season and will award thousands of dollars in prize support. Players can earn prizes for recruiting the most fans to their teams, playing every week, earning the most individual points and for a being a member of the championship team.
- Social media – Players are encouraged to interact and "talk trash" with each other via The Season's Facebook page.
is the latest in a long line of programs in which Buzztime is helping its bar and restaurant customers increase their guest visits and create an event during slower weeknights that keeps consumers staying longer and spending more.
Buzztime employs its network of bars and restaurants to strategically reach targeted audiences in a unique way. Additionally, Buzztime engages 1,900,000 players who participate in nearly 50,000,000
, cards and sports games each year on its network.
Buzztime provides clients with branded sports and interactive
that align with the brands' marketing campaigns;
live hosted trivia tournaments
the United States
; and direct-to-consumer marketing initiatives through Buzztime's social networking and targeted e-mail marketing campaigns.
NTN Buzztime, Inc. (NYSE Amex: NTN) is a leading bar and restaurant social entertainment and integrated marketing platform. Trusted by 3,900 bars and restaurants in
since 1985, Buzztime integrates trivia, card and sports games with in- and out-of-venue messaging and communication tools. With 1,900,000 registered consumers and nearly 50,000,000 games played each year, Buzztime players spread the word and invite friends and family to their favorite Buzztime location to enjoy an evening of fun and competition. With Buzztime entertainment and marketing solutions, bars and restaurants attract new customers, turn casual visitors into regulars, and give guests a reason to stay longer. For the most up-to-date information on NTN Buzztime, please visit
or follow us on
Buzztime, QB1, Race Day and The Season are trademarks or registered trademarks of NTN Buzztime, Inc.