MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL), a leading provider of medication and supply management solutions and analytics software for healthcare facilities, today announced a joint partnership with Premier Purchasing Partners, L.P., the group purchasing unit of Premier Inc. The 36-month agreement allows Premier member hospitals and healthcare organizations to take advantage of premium pricing for the comprehensive suite of award-winning Omnicell medication and supply management solutions. Designed to maximize Premier members' clinical and operational performance, this new agreement is effective from July 2011 through June 2014.
This partnership extends the value of Omnicell's advanced medication and supply solutions to Premier members and features all Omnicell solutions, including:
- G4 platform — The G4 platform is designed to help hospitals closely manage medication and supply inventory to reduce costs, comply with increasingly stringent regulatory pressures and safeguard the patient. The G4 platform features a single, unified database across the continuum of medications maintained in the hospital's automated dispensing cabinets (ADCs).
- Savvy™ mobile medication system — Savvy is a unique medication system that integrates with the Omnicell ADCs and the hospital's IT system, allowing nurses to safely and securely transport medications from the dispensing cabinet to the bedside.
- PandoraVIA™ — PandoraVIA is a suite of business analytics tools that assists hospitals in monitoring and optimizing medication distribution throughout the hospital, maximizing drug diversion prevention, regulation compliance and inventory control.
"Omnicell is pleased to expand access to our advanced solutions and help even more hospitals provide safe, cost-effective care," said J. Christopher Drew, Omnicell senior vice president, field operations. "We share Premier's vision that patients deserve the best care technology can offer. We look forward to supporting more healthcare facilities with medication and supply management solutions helping them navigate the pathway in their health reform journey, while safeguarding their patients."
About the Premier Healthcare Alliance, Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipientPremier is a performance improvement alliance of more than 2,500 U.S. hospitals and 75,000-plus other healthcare sites using the power of collaboration to lead the transformation to high quality, cost-effective care. Owned by hospitals, health systems and other providers, Premier maintains the nation's most comprehensive repository of clinical, financial and outcomes information and operates a leading healthcare purchasing network. A world leader in helping deliver measurable improvements in care, Premier has worked with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and the United Kingdom's National Health Service North West to improve hospital performance. Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Premier also has an office in Washington. About Omnicell Omnicell, Inc. (NASDAQ: OMCL) is a leading provider of automated and business information solutions enabling hospitals and healthcare systems to streamline the medication administration process and manage costly medical supplies for increased operational efficiency and enhanced patient safety. Through seamless integration with a hospital's existing IT infrastructure, Omnicell solutions empower healthcare facilities to achieve comprehensive automation of medication and supply management from the arrival at the loading dock to the patient's bedside. Omnicell also provides healthcare facilities with business analytics software designed to improve medication diversion detection and regulatory compliance.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.