Goldman Sachs article updated with company comment
- Goldman Sachs (GS) CEO Lloyd Blankfein has hired a high-profile Washington D.C. defense attorney, Reuters reports.
- Attorney Reid Weingarten's past clients include a former Enron accounting officer.
- Goldman faces several civil lawsuits and federal investigations tied to the 2008 financial crisis.
Blankfein has not been charged with any civil or criminal case. Goldman Sachs has, however, been targeted by investigators for allegedly selling mortgage-backed securities that were backed by loans that were destined to fail, trading against the interest of its clients and for favoring some clients over others.
|Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein|
Weingarten is a partner at a partner at Steptoe & Johnson, whose past clients include senior executives at Enron, Worldcom and Tyco. The lawyer has worked on cases involving bank fraud, bribery and public corruption, according to the law firm's web site. He is also
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/shavenk. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV