Consumer Stock Takeovers: Deals and Targets
McCormick (MKC) said Sept. 8 it completed its $286 million buyout of spice maker Kamis S.A., a Poland-based maker of spices and seasonings with distribution subsidiaries throughout Eastern Europe, including Russia, Romania and Ukraine.
McCormick said the acquisition strengthened its footprint in Europe, along with a recent joint venture in Turkey.
The move was part of McCormick's broader strategy of expansion into emerging markets, a trend many other food makers also have taken up.
The Kamis acquisition is expected to add around $103 million in annual revenue to McCormick's operations, and 6 cents per share to 2012 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV