PepsiCo (PEP) said Sept. 9 that it completed its acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann Foods, a Russian manufacturer of dairy and juice products, a deal initially announced on July 1.
The deal was valued at around $5.4 billion, including the assumption of about $1 billion in debt, making it one of the largest non-energy-related foreign investments in Russia.
Russia is now Pepsi's largest markets outside the U.S. The deal is expected to add around $5 billion in annual revenue to Pepsi.
Pepsi acquired around 1.4% of WBD's outstanding shares through a squeeze-out where majority shareholders effectively pressured minority holders to divest their shares. Pepsi now owns 100% of WBD's outstanding ordinary shares, including all ordinary shares underlying American depositary shares (ADS). Each WBD shareholder received 3,883.70 Russian rubles ($131.38) per share, the same price Pepsi offered to WBD shareholders in a recently completed tender offer in Russia. Each ADS holder will receive 970.925 Russian rubles ($32.75) per ADS in cash.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV