CALGARY, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Canadian Energy Exploration Inc. (" Canadian Energy" or the " Company") (TSXV: XPL) is pleased to announce that it has set the date for the Annual and Special Meeting (the "Meeting") of its shareholders, to be held in Calgary, Alberta on Thursday, September 15, 2011. The Information Circular for the meeting, which will be mailed to shareholders on August 22, 2011, proposes a three person Board of Directors, including Lawrence B. Buzan and John C. McGilvary, both of whom are currently directors of the Company.
In addition, the Company is proposing the election of Keith Chase as a director. Mr. Chase is currently the Chief Executive Officer of Chase Resources Inc. and the Chief Financial Officer of Kanduit Electric Ltd. Mr. Chase has over 30 years of petroleum industry experience.
Lawrence Buzan, the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, commented, "We are very pleased that Keith Chase has agreed to stand for election as a director of the Company at our upcoming Meeting. Mr. Chase has extensive experience in the oil and gas industry, and we are confident that his counsel will be significant to Canadian Energy's future development. We are also grateful to William S. Sudhaus, John D. Wright, Chris J. Bloomer and George Tsafalas, who will not be standing for re-election at the Company's upcoming Meeting, for their considerable past service to the Company. We wish them all well in their future endeavors."
About Canadian Energy Exploration Inc.Canadian Energy Exploration Inc. is a junior oil and gas company engaged in the exploration for and development and production of oil and natural gas reserves in Western Canada. The Company's common shares trade on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol "XPL".
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV