Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd. Stock Downgraded (SNDA)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- SNDA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SNDA has a quick ratio of 2.21, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for SHANDA INTERACTIVE-ADR is rather high; currently it is at 58.30%. Regardless of SNDA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SNDA's net profit margin of 5.20% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 59.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $32.51 million to $13.06 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SHANDA INTERACTIVE-ADR's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.