Symmetry Medical Inc. Stock Downgraded (SMA)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that SMA's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.54 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has decreased by 6.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $4.48 million to $4.18 million.
- The gross profit margin for SYMMETRY MEDICAL INC is rather low; currently it is at 23.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.40% significantly trails the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts