Futures Rise on Hopes for Federal Reserve Action
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a stronger open Monday as investors mull the possibility of action from the Federal Reserve to bolster the U.S. economy.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were up by 158 points, or 179 points above fair value, at 10,978. Futures for the S&P 500 were higher by 19 points, or 21 points above fair value, at 1143, and Nasdaq futures were ahead by 39 points, or 43 points above fair value.
Stocks dropped Friday, closing a volatile session as investors sought clarity on the European sovereign debt crisis.
Investors are hoping for some type of action from the U.S. central bank when
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV