Building on these results, Mesoblast aims to show that a single minimally-invasive injection of its allogeneic or off-the-shelf disc repair MPC product can regenerate damaged discs, thereby reducing pain, improving function, and avoiding surgery. Mesoblast's Phase 2 trial, which was cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) last month, will enroll 100 patients with chronic low back pain due to lumbar disc degeneration in 15 centers across the United States and Australia, comparing outcomes at six months in 60 patients receiving MPC injections against 40 patients receiving control injections.
"There is a significant need for a minimally invasive biological solution to repair the degenerating disc, reduce back pain, improve function, and eliminate the need for surgery. Mesoblast's adult stem cell product could find broad use in the treatment of both early and late degenerative disc disease, and could additionally reduce spine surgery for this condition by as much as 80 percent," Dr Pettine added.
Mesoblast Limited (ASX: MSB; OTC ADR: MBLTY) is a world leader in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of biologic products for the broad field of regenerative medicine. Mesoblast has the worldwide exclusive rights to a series of patents and technologies developed over more than 10 years relating to the identification, extraction, culture and uses of adult Mesenchymal Precursor Cells (MPCs). www.mesoblast.comFor further information, please contact: Julie MeldrumCorporate Communications DirectorT: +613 9639 6036E: firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Mesoblast Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV