Kinetic Concepts Gets Higher Takeover Bid
ConvaTec, owned by private-equity firms Nordic Capital and Avista Capital Partners, has letters supporting the bid from Goldman Sachs and Jefferies Group, two people told Bloomberg. The letters say the banks are "highly confident" financing for the transaction is available, the people said.
Kinetic Concepts last month agreed to be bought by funds advised by Apax Partners, and affiliates of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, for $68.50 a share in cash, or $6.3 billion including debt.
Under the terms of the agreement with the Apax group, Kinetic could actively solicit other offers for 40 days, a period that ended Sunday, Bloomberg noted.Kinetic Concepts shares closed Friday at $65.37. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV