In truth, it'll be hard for any bargains to gain much ground in the current environment. Yet if it's bargains that you seek, here are two ETFs that I regard as technically oversold and fundamentally desirable.
1. iShares MSCI South Korea (EWY). It has already been well established that some of the best stock ETFs in 2011 -- as well as 2009 and 2010 -- are Asian neighbors to China/Japan. I have discussed the ability for Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia to rebuff the bearish growl heard round the world.
Yet iShares MSCI South Korea has been rocked over the last 10 weeks for a 26% decline. I think there may be a reason to go bargain hunting here. This is a country on track for 4.2% 2011 GDP with full employment. Its P/E of 15.5 is reasonable for a country fund whose largest weighting is in information technology.
2. SPDR S&P Oil and Gas Equipment and Services (XES). Of all the assets on the "Oversold ETF Table," this one sticks out like a sore thumb.Call it an Arab Spring... call it Middle East tension... but we're still seeing uprisings in Libya, Syria, other parts of northern Africa as well as the areas surrounding Israel. Crude oil has already taken a very hard hit from the top, and is likely to stabilize near $80 on supply/demand and Middle East concerns alone. It follows that expertise in assisting drillers, particularly offshore, should continue to boom over time. XES boasts a low P/B of just 1.4, 10% ROE and 3- to 5-year EPS growth estimate of 14%. You can follow me on Twitter @ETFexpert. You can listen to the ETF Expert Radio Show "LIVE", via podcast or on your iPod. You can follow me on Twitter @ETFexpert.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV