- Entry into a new limited liability joint venture company for the development of the PV Oil Sands Project. Tri-Valley and the OPUS partnership will contribute to the new joint venture company their respective working and record title interests in the various PV oil and gas leases and related assets (“PV Properties”);
- Tri-Valley will contribute 100% of its overriding royalty interests (“ORRIs”) on each of the PV Properties to the new joint venture company;
- Tri-Valley will own a 25% equity interest in the new company and current OPUS partners will collectively own a 75% equity interest in the new company, subject to the distribution preferences payable to the OPUS partners described below;
- $32.3 million (plus a 5.25% per annum additional accrual attributable to the OPUS Preferred Return Amount, as described below) will be allocated to current OPUS partners on a prospective basis from the following two sources:
- The ORRIs. The parties have assigned a discounted, net present value of $12.0 million to the portion of the ORRIs attributable to the OPUS partners that will be contributed by Tri-Valley. This amount is based on the expected future revenues to be generated under the ORRIs by the new joint venture company.
- Preferential Right of Return. The remaining $20.3 million (plus a 5.25% per annum accrual on any unreturned portion thereof until satisfied) (collectively, the “OPUS Preferred Return Amount”) will be funded from Tri-Valley’s portion of the net cash flow generated by the new joint venture company from the PV Oil Sands Project. All net cash flow generated by the joint venture company that would otherwise be allocable to Tri-Valley will instead be allocated solely to the current OPUS partners until such time as the OPUS Preferred Return Amount is satisfied in full. After satisfaction in full of the OPUS Preferred Return Amount, all net cash flow generated by the joint venture company will be allocated 25% to Tri-Valley and 75% to current OPUS partners;
- Tri-Valley will pledge its 25% equity interest in the new joint venture company as security for satisfaction of the OPUS Preferred Return Amount;
- Tri-Valley or one of its wholly owned subsidiaries will be the operating manager of the new joint venture company (“Manager”);
- A new management committee of the joint venture company will be formed, and is expected to be comprised of three current OPUS partners yet to be selected. The management committee will work together with Tri-Valley, as Manager, to secure project financing on mutually agreeable terms;
- At the closing, Tri-Valley will either provide or obtain a financing commitment for the new joint venture company to fund three SAGD wells, as follows: (i) within six months after closing, commitment to fund the drilling, completion and equipping of a SAGD pilot project on the PV Properties, and (ii) within six months after the completion of the SAGD pilot project, assuming the SAGD pilot project is successful and meets certain mutually agreeable performance standards, commitment to fund the drilling, completion and equipping of two additional SAGD wells on the PV Properties;
- The existing tolling agreement executed in September 2010 with G. Robert Miller will be replaced by a new tolling agreement. The new tolling agreement, which will be put in place by Mr. Miller for the benefit of current OPUS partners, will be designed to give Tri-Valley the ability to satisfy the OPUS Preferred Return Amount on a prospective basis from the net cash flow to be generated by the new joint venture company without the threat of litigation;
- Each member of the Special Committee will execute covenants not to sue and contingent general releases in favor of Tri-Valley and each of its affiliates. The releases will become effective only upon the earlier to occur of (i) satisfaction in full of the OPUS Preferred Return Amount, or (ii) such time as the equity interests in the new joint venture company pledged by Tri-Valley as security for satisfaction of the OPUS Preferred Return Amount are valued at 150% or more of the OPUS Preferred Return Amount then remaining unsatisfied, plus interest expected to accrue thereon prior to satisfaction. The valuation of Tri-Valley’s equity interests will be conducted by an independent third party, based on mutually agreeable criteria; and
- Each member of the Special Committee has agreed to enter into voting agreements approving the transaction.
Tri-Valley Corporation And OPUS Special Committee Agree To Preliminary Terms On Restructuring And Resolution Of Alleged Claims
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.