Telecommunication companies Mahanagar Telephone Nigam (MTE) and Tata Communications (TCL) ended this past week losing 12.3% and 12%, respectively. Last week, the Indian Department of Telecom (DoT) revealed that MTE has an outstanding due of INR 27.81 crore to the government, arising due to default in payment of annual license fee. Also, TCL has a maximum outstanding interconnection usage charges (IUC) of more than INR 290.18 crore.
Brazil Winners & Losers
Brazil's Bovespa eroded a marginal 0.4% at close last week, as the Brazilian real (BRL) appreciated to rally stock markets. Last week, the BRL gained following a gain in global stock markets coupled with a decline in credit risk after European leaders moved to ban on short-selling.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV