Safe Bulkers Stock To Go Ex-dividend Monday (SB)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Safe Bulkers (NYSE:SB) is Monday, August 22, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 15 cents per share. At a price of $7.18 as of 10 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 7.9%. The average volume for Safe Bulkers has been 201,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Safe Bulkers has a market cap of $535.9 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are down 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Safe Bulkers, Inc. provides marine drybulk transportation services worldwide. The company transports various bulk cargoes, primarily coal, grain, and iron ore. As of July 15, 2011, it had a fleet of 16 drybulk vessels, with an aggregate carrying capacity of 1,443,800 deadweight tons. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.5, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 5.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV