LUXEMBOURG, Aug. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ADECOAGRO S.A. (NYSE:AGRO, Bloomberg: AGRO US, Reuters. AGRO.K), one of the leading agricultural companies in South America, announced today that in line with its growth strategy, it has acquired 100% of the common shares of Compania Agroforestal de Servicios y Mandatos S.A., a company which owns a 4,960 hectare farm named "El Colorado", located in the region of Bandera, in the province of Santiago del Estero, Argentina, for a total price of US$18.0 million. The transaction is subject to anti-trust approval.
El Colorado is an attractive opportunity for Adecoagro to continue generating value through the transformation of farmland and expanding its production of agricultural commodities.
Based on initial estimates, El Colorado has approximately 2,411 hectares currently used for planting crops (including soybean, corn, wheat and sunflower) and an additional 1,820 hectares used for cattle grazing activities with potential for crop production. Adecoagro plans to transform the hectares currently used for cattle grazing and put them into crop production during the 2011/12 harvest season. As a result, Adecoagro expects this acquisition to expand its planted area during the 2011/12 harvest year by approximately 3,000 hectares.
For more information please contact Investor Relations: firstname.lastname@example.org or +5411 4836-8651About Adecoagro: Adecoagro is a leading agricultural company in South America. Adecoagro owns over 283 thousand hectares of farmland and several industrial facilities spread across the most productive regions of Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay, where it produces over 1 million tons of agricultural products including corn, wheat, soybeans, rice, dairy products, sugar, ethanol and electricity among others. SOURCE Adecoagro S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV