SCANA Corporation (NYSE: SCG) today released the following statement of Bill Timmerman, Chairman and CEO of SCANA Corporation, related to recent trading activity.
“We are aware of the unusually high trading activity in SCANA common stock yesterday. We are also aware of the internet-based rumor that SCANA is considering a sale of the company,” said Bill Timmerman. “These rumors are false, and we know of no corporate developments to account for the unusual market activity in SCANA’s stock.”
Timmerman noted that the Company continues to focus on its new nuclear project activities and providing safe, reliable electricity to the citizens of South Carolina.
PROFILESCANA Corporation, a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Cayce, SC, is an energy-based holding company principally engaged, through subsidiaries, in electric and natural gas utility operations and other energy-related businesses. Information about SCANA and its businesses is available on the Company’s website at www.scana.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV