12 Best New ETF Ticker Symbols
NEW YORK ( TheStreet Ratings) -- These days it is not enough for fund families to just come up with a novel subcategory of investment classification when launching a new exchange-traded fund. If that fund lands a memorable ticker symbol, the prospect for successfully retaining investor interest is enhanced.
To qualify for a risk-adjusted return ranking with TheStreet Ratings, a new exchange-traded fund must trade for a full year. So, none of these ETFs have been rated. Of the 50 unrated exchange-traded funds with inception dates in May and June, the following Baker's dozen of ETFs have the best ticker symbols.
13. Global X SuperDividend ETF (SDIV) began trading on Jun. 8, 2011. In a time when comic strip super heroes are all the rage of both stage and screen, a "Super Dividend" exchange-traded fund should have been expected. Hopefully, this fund's future will be more like Superman than Super Dave Osborne. The fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the Solactive Global SuperDividend Index. This Index tracks the performance of 100 equally weighted companies that rank among the highest dividend yielding equity securities in the world including Telecom Corp of New Zealand (NZT) and Vector Group Ltd (VGR).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts