The first true guidebook for developing strategic meetings management programs will hit shelves this August with the publication of Strategic Meetings Management Handbook: From Theory to Practice, published by Easton Studio Press and compiled by StarCite.
The new book is a revealing, in-depth look at the business dynamics and real world practice of meetings management. It features contributions from a host of meetings industry luminaries sharing decades of firsthand knowledge on how to build and execute effective and powerful strategic meetings management programs (SMMPs).
StarCite will showcase the book at the StarCite booth #1205 at the upcoming GBTA Convention in Denver, CO. A reception is being held to bring together the chapter authors at StarCite’s booth on Monday, August 22 at 5:30 p.m. MDT.
“As companies increasingly aim to get a strategic handle on their investment in meetings and events, our sincere hope is that this book will be an indispensable resource that will help them every step along the way,” said Editor Kevin Iwamoto, Global Leadership Professional (GLP) and Vice President of Enterprise Strategy for StarCite. “The profession of meetings management has come a long way since its early days as a new area of travel management. Today it is a thriving practice that is essential to business success. To that end, this book is focused on the ‘art of the possible’ – how to create an effective meetings management program whether it’s in day one, year ten or beyond.”The mission-critical topics covered in Strategic Meetings Management Handbook: From Theory to Practice include:
- Implementing an SMMP – even without a corporate mandate!
- Combining business and meetings travel management
- Integrating meetings cards into SMMPs
- Maturing and growing an SMMP
- Risk management and meetings
- How to continuously improve an SMMP
- The best ways to leverage technology
- How to get holdouts on board!
- Betsy Bondurant, CMP‚ CMM, Founder, President, Bondurant Consulting
- Louann Cashill, CMP, CMM, Global Account Manager, Strategic Projects, StarCite
- Carol Salcito, President, Management Alternatives, Inc.
- Linda J. McNairy, Vice President, Business Development, StarCite
- Kevin Iwamoto, GLP, Vice President of Enterprise Strategy, StarCite
- Mike Malinchok, CPC, President, S2K Consulting, LLC
- Amon Cohen, Specialist Business Travel Writer
- George Odom, President, Strategic Travel & Meetings Group
- Debi Scholar, GLP, CMM, CMP, CTE, CTT, and President, Scholar Consulting Group
- John Pino, Chairman, CEO, Founder of i-Meet and StarCite
- Andrew Menkes, CEO and Chairman, Partnership Travel Consulting, LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV