MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- So now we wait. A nice recovery rally has taken some off some of the sting from the selling, but stocks are still in correction mode. Economic data from here will tell us where we go next.
I'm mostly worried that the negative headlines will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. With such dependence on consumer spending, it is entirely possible that a freeze by consumers similar to a deer in the headlights will do real damage to this fragile recovery. Whatever transpires in the future, I'm pretty certain we all have to eat -- and many of us will do so at a restaurant.
In the spring, I analyzed five restaurant stocks, rating the picks buy, hold or sell. I had Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), a highflying casual restaurant with lots of growth potential, a hold. Shares are up 9% since I wrote the article. I also rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) a hold, and that stock is up 25%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV