MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- So now we wait. A nice recovery rally has taken some off some of the sting from the selling, but stocks are still in correction mode. Economic data from here will tell us where we go next.
I'm mostly worried that the negative headlines will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. With such dependence on consumer spending, it is entirely possible that a freeze by consumers similar to a deer in the headlights will do real damage to this fragile recovery. Whatever transpires in the future, I'm pretty certain we all have to eat -- and many of us will do so at a restaurant.
In the spring, I analyzed five restaurant stocks, rating the picks buy, hold or sell. I had Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD), a highflying casual restaurant with lots of growth potential, a hold. Shares are up 9% since I wrote the article. I also rated Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) a hold, and that stock is up 25%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV