Knightsbridge Tankers Ltd. Stock Downgraded (VLCCF)
- The gross profit margin for KNIGHTSBRIDGE TANKERS LTD is rather high; currently it is at 65.70%. Regardless of VLCCF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, VLCCF's net profit margin of 31.40% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 39.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 46.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $13.44 million to $7.18 million.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, KNIGHTSBRIDGE TANKERS LTD's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts