5 Considerations for a Foodie Kitchen
BOSTON ( MainStreet) -- Cooking is more important than eating.
At least one might get that impression when looking at what experts say adds value to a home. Scan listings for sales in your area and odds are you'll see the kitchen getting far more focus than the dining room.
In an era of foodie magazines and eat-centric cable channels, more and more people want to be an at-home variation of Bobby Flay or Paula Dean.
But while the Emerils of the world have their pick of restaurants or sponsor-equipped TV kitchens to whisk, dice and saute in, most of us have more limited means. There are still plenty of ways to craft and remodel a kitchen worthy of your gourmet aspirations, though.Here are some suggestions for a kitchen that offers both "wow factor" and useful amenities. They may not make you a better cook, but they will make you a more impressive one:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV