Vanguard Equity Income Fund initiated a stake in Vodaphone Group (VOD), buying 1.2 million shares, resulting in a 0.6% stake. Vodaphone is the second-largest wireless phone company in the world, with a major presence throughout Europe, and it also owns a 45% holding in Verizon Wireless in the U.S. It has a $142 billion market value and carries a 6.94% dividend yield. Vodafone's shares are up 8.2% this year.
Vanguard Equity Income also initiated a stake in Consolidated Edison (ED), buying 273,700 shares in the holding company of two regulated utilities that provide power to New York City and surrounding counties. The largest is Con Ed of New York. They provide steam, natural gas, and electricity to customers in southeastern New York -- including New York City -- and parts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. It has a market value of $16 billion and carries a 4.4% dividend yield. Its shares are up 13.6% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV