Investors Run to Safety of Top Dividend Stocks
Vanguard Dividend Growth also initiated a position in toy-maker Mattel (MAT), buying 2.1 million shares, or just under 1% of its portfolio. Mattel, with a projected yield of 3.69%, is down 0.2% this year, giving its shares a market value of $8.5 billion. Mattel sells toys under several brands names, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher Price and American Girl. The company also produces toys under exclusive entertainment licenses that tie in with and promote movies and video games.
The Vanguard Equity Income Fund added 567,000 shares to its existing stake in Unilever (UN), making it a 1% stake. Unilever's shares are up 8.4% this year and they carry a yield of 3.84%. With a market value of $102 billion, Unilever is an international maker of packaged foods and household and personal products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV