6. TreeHouse Foods (THS) produces nondairy powdered coffee creamers, private-label soups, salad dressings and sauces, sugar-free drink mixes, hot cereals, macaroni and cheese, and skillet dinners.
For the second quarter of 2011, sales increased to $492.6 million from $446.2 million in the year-ago quarter. Sales from the North American Retail Grocery segment increased 14.1%, while the Industrial and Export segment reported growth of 7.2%. Net income for the quarter stood at $14.3 million, or 39 cents per share.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company has reaffirmed its adjusted EPS guidance of 80 cents to 85 cents. For 2011, the adjusted EPS range is estimated between $2.90 and $3.00. The company adds that it has recovered a significant portion of its margin shortfall resulting from input costs and transportation.Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 41% rate it a buy, and the rest rate it a hold. The average 12-month price target of analysts polled by Bloomberg is $58.58, 6.6% greater than recent levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV