CPFL Energy Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (CPL)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for CPFL Energy (NYSE:CPL) is tomorrow, August 18, 2011. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 95 cents per share. At a price of $26.93 as of 9:32 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 6.1%. The average volume for CPFL Energy has been 481,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $8.4 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. Shares are up 3.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electricity in Brazil. It generates electricity through hydroelectric, thermal, biomass, and wind power plants. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.6, above the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 13 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV